Passports For Travel Outside Your Country Of Residence

When escaping on one of ETA’s adventure holidays outside of your country of residence you are required to be in possession a passport. To obtain a passport, you will need to apply for one with your local government.

The following links can be used as a guide as to where you can obtain a passport in your region.


New Zealand

United Kingdom

United States


South Africa


It is the right of any country to control entry into their borders and this is usually done via visas or ensuring sufficient validity remains on the visitor’s travel document. Entry requirements are decided by foreign governments and are not something that the Australian Government can influence.

You need to ensure that your passport has adequate validity to meet the entry requirements of the countries you intend to visit (or transit). Some countries require travellers to have at least six months validity remaining on their passports beyond the period of intended stay, and immigration authorities may refuse entry if you arrive with less than this. Airlines and passenger shipping lines may refuse to carry you if your passport has inadequate validity.

Before travel you should contact the Embassy, High Commission or Consular representative of all the countries you will be travelling to, to identify each country’s passport validity requirements. If you are unsure, it is safest to renew your passport prior to travelling.